Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In the doldrums...

Yes, definitely.  And why?  Because an old college roommate of mine has just gotten her first book published and I'm jealous.  I'm really happy for her of course, but I'm thinking my own book will never get published and that makes me sad.  Oh, and yes I have been working on it, so it will get done eventually, but I guess I'm just sad that I haven't accomplished anything I thought I would have by this age.  Publishing was at the top of the list, along with being in a real career, not just a get-by-for-now job.  Of course what would be really awesome is if writing full time could BE that career...

Okay, the real reason for the melancholy?  I worked tons of overtime this last week and didn't have time for anything fun -- or productive.  (I finally got some time yesterday and I did manage to start a new dragon.  I think he's going to be really cute.)  AND, I haven't started reading the BOM like I was going to, either.  I feel like a turtle myself, pulling head back into my shell when church is even mentioned, just pretending it will go away.  I'm going to have to start sometime, though...  especially since I doubt I can get any of the rest (lose weight, sell my book or my creations) done if I don't get my spirit back into alignment.  I'm all out of wack right now and I'm afraid realignment will hurt which is the reason for hiding in the shell.  Sheesh.  Get it together, girl!  Enough with the pity-party.  Boooorrrring.  Back to work!

4 comments:

Britt said...

You're in our prayers Charity. Think about all the things you have done. You are amazing! I just watched Anne of Green Gables, and have been reading the books. LM Montgomery had to work through a lot of frustrations getting her little story about a red headed girl published. You'll get there. I have faith in you.
Just try to fit a few scriptures in here and there...it's better than nothing. Trust me, in my life sometimes it's very hard to make time for personal study, and I could do a lot better...but every little bit helps.

Steven Lund (Dad) said...

I think I told you about what I am doing about reading the B of M again? reading 1 chapter then writing something from the chapter that I learned of one concept in the chapt as to why it was written. I was thinking about a blog for family members to go in and see what I have written and maybe write something they also learned in each chapter. What to you think.

Charity said...

Dad, I think that would be a really good idea. Emily said something about rereading the BOM too, I think -- or was it Rachel? -- but you could create a blog where we're all members and can each write posts, or we could just respond in comments to your posts. Either one. Let us know when you get it set up -- call me if you want help. :)

LeAnn said...

<3

Just thinking about you.