Saturday, October 10, 2009

Clay creatures

This is the clay turtle (with stone bead accents) that I made last weekend for my sister Emily who collects turtles.


And this is the dragon I made -- took about a week.
 


Her name is Amy, and Amy loves her amythyst! There's her large rock and several smaller ones in the ground around her -- looks like she found a good place to collect them from. 



She has mother-of-pearl as plates along the spine, and green and purple freshwater pearl accents.  She's my first dragon, but don't worry, Amy will have lots of friends soon!



I also made a lion's head and some filigree beads (which my Mom helped on) over the weekend that look pretty cool, but I don't have pictures of them yet.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

So totally awesome! Amy is so cute! You did a great job on both of them and I can't wait to see your other creations. I really think the filigree beads are really neat.

As far as BOM progress. I've not done very well this week. I started reading last Sunday but was falling asleep.... I went to Time Out for Women this weekend and took my scriptures with me--but they didn't make it out of my bag. :( I'll have to try better this week.

P.S. word verification: evill (as if we need an extra L to emphasize how evilllllll it really is. lol)