Monday, February 1, 2010

I can't believe it's February...

That's crazy!  I thought there was another week of January left.  Of course, I spent a whole week in bed sick, so I guess it's not surprising that I'm losing time.  Oh well. 

I spent a couple hours this morning job searching -- still no luck so far -- and then I came to the public library, thinking that if I'm here, there won't be any distractions and I can get some writing done.  So, I get here, and then remember that since my computer had a massive break down and I had to completely reformat the hard drive -- restore it to factory condition -- I hadn't reinstalled my word processing program.  I remembered to put everything I thought I would need from my ancient desktop onto a usb drive so I could bring that with me, but I can't access any of the files!  And I left my installation CD for Word at home.  I really don't want to install the trial versions you can download from the internet, so this idea was kind of a bust.

Until I remembered I hadn't updated my blog in quite a while.  I didn't realize how long it had been, though.  That's one of the problems with being unemployed, I guess.  And being sick.  The whole situation stinks.  I have gotten some cool stuff done, though.  When I get home I'll have to remember to take pictures so I can post them and show off a little.  :)  I have been going to church, though -- and reading the Book of Mormon, which I think makes my days more calm, less completely stressed out.  It's almost like the difference when I don't take my meds, only not quite as drastic.

Maybe I can just write some in notepad and copy into Word once I get that installed...  I'll give it a try.  Bye for now.

2 comments:

Britt said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. We've all got it here right now! No fun. Sometimes computers make me want to swear. LOL! If you know me that's kind of funny, but so true.

LeAnn said...

Hey you! I can't believe that I missed your post. I hope you're feeling better now, now that it's been nearly a month! lol