Friday, September 4, 2009

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Not to sound cliche, but I knew this would be hard -- just not this hard.  I don't have nearly as much will power as I thought I did.  I haven't missed an injection (which I was worried about remembering), but I haven't been as strict with the diet as I planned to be (which I wasn't worried about).  I'm either not getting all the food I'm supposed to eat, or I'm eating one of the donuts the company puts out for employee birthdays once a month.  I think it will get easier.  The hardest part is to not just give up entirely because I haven't done it perfectly so far.  That whole black and white mentality thing I've got going on is really hard to deal with sometimes!

On the creativity side of things, though, I'm going to visit my aunt's house this weekend and spend some quality time doing "art stuff" with my young cousin.  I'm really looking forward to it, and we'll post the results of our mutual creative genius here.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Don't beat yourself up when you slip up. Just recommit.

Reading this post reminded me of an article in, I think, the April Ensign. It was about controlling our thoughts. One thing I took from the article was about re-routing the thoughts. An example given: if you continually tell yourself "Don't eat that donut," that donut is going to be calling your name until you do eat it. The author suggested having an alternate thought to re-route the brain. In my case, I'm (still) trying to think "Get a drink of water" instead of focusing on the treat I want. It's hard but once I can really get that into my brain it will be easier. Another thing I'm learning in my own life...if I find myself with that treat in my hand, I CAN put it down. I DO NOT have to finish it. Definitely easier said than done, of course.

I hope you don't mind that I shared these thoughts with you. :)

I'm excited to see what you create this weekend! Have fun!!! By the way, when I dropped your little "pay it forward" gift off at your parent's house, I was straightening the wire and accidently broke one of the beads. I'm sorry!!! I think I'll try to come up with a new pay it forward gift for you (but you might have to give me another year. lol)